Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tickets and Tassels

I absolutely love getting mail! I guess it goes back to when I was a little girl and the only way we communicated with people we loved who lived in another place was through letter writing and the occasional phone call. My grandmother would write my mother (and sometimes my sister and me) about once a week. When we went to camp we received letters from home. When we went on vacation we wrote and received postcards. It made going to the mailbox exciting everyday. I guess that is why I still get excited when I get something, besides bills, in the mail. This week has been a bonanza! First, I received my season tickets to The University of Texas football games. (Preseason #2 in the rankings!) Yea, Fall!!!

Getting ready to sing the "Eyes of Texas."
Erin and I enjoying the pregame. I would show you Dan, but he had his mouth full!
2009 University of Texas season tickets


Next, I received this rooster tassel from The Tassel House. I think that he is precious.






Who knows what the USPS will bring tomorrow?




No comments:

Post a Comment