Sunday, August 9, 2009

Grandmother's Wisdom

Since the kids left yesterday, I've been upstairs cleaning the bedrooms - changing the sheets and dusting. As I was dusting, I saw a little plaque from my grandmother's house sitting on a shelf in Amy's old room. The verse on the plaque says "Regardless of the hour; Whatever you have to say, God has time to listen...If you have time to pray." It sounded just like my grandmother...she loved those little plaques with sayings on them. She also loved to send cards of encouragement that had poems or those Helen Steiner Rice verses. I remember that she had a figurine of praying hands on one of her shelves in her living room. She was a woman who had a close, personal relationship with her Redeemer and I know that prayer got her through many difficult times in her life.

On the shelf with the plaque is also a picture of Grandmother and Amy sitting at the piano when Amy was about 15 months old. She loved good old-time gospel music. Boy could she play that piano (all by ear) and sing! It wasn't all gospel music, either. She could play "Maple Leaf Rag" and your toe couldn't keep itself from tapping. It is wonderful knowing that one day (sooner than later!) we are going to have a grand reunion in Heaven! We haven't seen or heard anything yet that can compare with what that will be like.

And as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives...
And at the last He will take His stand on the earth.
Job 19:25

No comments:

Post a Comment