Saturday, August 1, 2009

Company's Coming

This morning it almost looks like fall outside. It is overcast but unfortunately still hot which makes for a lot of humidity. I'm not complaining though...at least we've had some rain. Our daughter and son-in-law are beginning their long drive from Denver to Houston this morning. It will be so good to see them both. We have a long list of things that we want to do (or I should say places to shop). They both have a list of places that they would like to eat - it's hard to get good 'ole Texas barbecue and Tex Mex food in Denver. They are both native Texans and although Colorado is a lovely place and they both enjoy living there, there's just something about coming home to Texas.



When Erin called to talk about their trip last week one of the things that she asked is if we could have roast beef for dinner Sunday night...a lot of roast and gravy so that there would be plenty to go around with all the trimmings. I guess that is one tradition that comes naturally. My memories of Sunday revolve around going to church and Sunday School in the morning and coming home to roast, rice and gravy, green beans, and some kind of dessert. Sometimes my sister and I would argue over whether we would have mashed potatos or rice (usually rice won out since it was quicker). I tried to continue that tradition and I guess that is also my girl's favorite meal. So...tomorrow night we will have roast and both girls and their families will be here.



This is the first time Erin has seen her neice, Kaitlyn, since January. She is now 17 months old and walking and talking. I'm excited that they will be getting reacquainted. I just called Erin to find out where they are and she said that I must have a sixth sense because they have just crossed over into Texas at Texline. Got to get back to cleaning and cooking...

No comments:

Post a Comment