Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


We celebrated my birthday with dinner at Ciro's Italian Restaurant. I had yummy eggplant parmesan with fettucine alfredo. I was "serenaded" by the waiter and received a piece of Mama Ciro's layered cake with a sparkler on top.



Aunt Judy was taking Katie's picture with her IPhone. That girl loves seeing herself on Aunt Judy's phone!


Frank Sinatra was singing and Katie was dancing.




Look at that handsome couple!




Katie and daddy.







I am of an age when you really don't want to remember birthdays anymore. You know that age...39 and holding! However, the more that I've been thinking about it, the more I think that I love my age. I wouldn't want to go backwards for anything. I can't imagine starting over with dating, getting married, having children, raising said children on a tight budget, worrying about paying for their college, not to mention weddings! There is a lot to be said for being empty nesters and grandparents. I can identify with Eccl. 3: 1-8.



There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven-

A time to give birth, and a time to die; A time to plant, and a time to uproot what is planted.

A time to kill, and a time to heal; A time to tear down, and a time to build up.
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; A time to mourn, and a time to dance.

A time to throw stones, and a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.

A time to search, and a time to give up as lost; A time to keep, and a time to throw away.

A time to tear apart, and a time to sew together; A time to be silent, and a time to speak.

A time to love, and a time for hate; A time for war, and a time for peace.

Eccl. 3:11-13


He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end. I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good in one's lifetime; moreover, that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor--it is the gift of God.


I have been richly blessed!


















































No comments:

Post a Comment