Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lucas Told Me To!

Within the last month I started a blog, my sister also started one, followed by each of my daughters. I guess you could say that we have all been bit by the blogging bug. I'll admit, however, that this week I have been lax about writing anything. It just didn't seem as if I was doing anything worth blogging about.

This morning I was informed by my Denver daughter, Erin, that Lucas, her husband, said that it has been a week since I have written anything and that I need to write something. So...I'm writing.

For my birthday last week, Dan gave me money to go toward a new front door. The picture below is the door I'm considering. How do you think it will look on the front of my house? The frame will be painted black. I'm trying to decide on the side lights.




"The Venice"





I also decided to replace the old flowers in an arrangement I had on the dining room table. Hobby Lobby had their silk flowers half off last week. I may still do a little tweaking, but I think it looks pretty good.


This weekend Amy and Chris had a party to attend so Dan and I kept Katie Saturday night. We went swimming and read books...







And of course, played with the toys. She is looking at her favorite book (the one that is most annoying, hence the look on Dan's face).



Katie knows that Grammy and Grandpa have good things to eat in the pantry, so when she comes over she goes to the pantry door, points, and says "peas." She loves Gerber's little yogurt snacks and fruit sticks.
My mother used to say that she didn't know how she could love anyone more than her two daughters, until she had grandchildren. She was so right. As soon as you see that first ultrasound picture with the little flicker of a heartbeat, there is an immediate and intense bond. He or she holds your heart in the palm of his/her hand.
"Grandchildren are the crown of old men, And the glory of sons is their fathers." Proverbs 17:6

No comments:

Post a Comment