Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


I recently found this picture of my mom and her grandchildren. I don't think it was taken on Mother's Day. It was probably taken in August, since it looks like someone was celebrating a birthday (that would be me). I know it was on a Sunday because dad has on his dress shirt and it looks like we had Sunday dinner. I'm sorry Judy isn't in the picture. We have missed many a Mother's Day with mama, but what a legacy of faith she left behind.

This old hymn is my prayer for my children on Mother's Day. I'm sure it could have been my mother's prayer, as well.


Be Thou [my child's] vision, O Lord of my heart,
Be all else but naught to him, save that Thou art;...

Be Thou his wisdom, be Thou his true word,
Be Thou ever with him, and he with Thee, Lord;
Be thou his great Father, and he Thy true son;
Be Thou in him dwelling, and he with Thee one.

Be Thou his breastplate, his sword for the fight;
Be Thou his whole armour, be Thou his true might;
Be Thou his soul's shelter, be Thou his strong tower;
O raise Thou him heavenward, great Power of my power.

May he not seek riches nor man's empty praise;
Be Thou his inheritance now and always;
Be Thou and Thou only the first in his heart;
O Sovereign of heaven, I pray his treasure Thou art.

Ancient Irish hymn


Thank you Lord for mother's who teach their little one's about You.

Her children rise up and bless her; "Her husband also, and he praises her, saying: Many daughters have done nobly, But you excel them all." Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31: 28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment