Wednesday, June 2, 2010

There’s More to Brenham than Blue Bell

…although there’s lots to be said for Blue Bell, the best ice cream in the country…

Sunday afternoon Erin and I decided to drive up to Brenham and check out Beadboard Upcountry based on recommendations on numerous blogs.  We drive through Brenham a zillion times a year (give or take) on our way to Austin, but seldom stop to drive through the downtown area. It seems like the number of stores has really grown since I was last there and there was a lot of activity for a Sunday afternoon. The only issue we had was it seemed as if every shop had a different opening and closing time.

I loved the flag and the mailbox in front of the courthouse.

IMG_1615 

IMG_1616

I bet the 4th of July celebration starts right here…

IMG_1617

We had a late lunch at Must Be Heaven before we visited the shops. We started out at Herman’s and spent a lot of time and some money inside (could have spent a lot more money!)

IMG_1610

IMG_1614

IMG_1612

I did buy one of those round thingies on the floor. Erin bought 4th of July placemats and Round Top Collection napkin rings.

IMG_1613

Since Erin is such a good, sweet daughter, she is also going to make this wreath for her dear mama. I hope she gets it done soon because my front door is looking pretty blah. Ha!

IMG_1611

Next, we went to Today and Yesterday antique store. Erin was looking for an antique window to hang over her mantle. She was lucky enough to find two. I don’t know why I didn’t take a picture. I was probably too sweaty to hold onto the camera by this time. (See yesterday’s post…Hot…Hot…Hot)

At around 3:00 we came to Beadboard Upcountry and it was closed. Oh well, I’ve got a good excuse to go back.

On the way home we drove through Chapel Hill. I love small town churches.

IMG_1618

Of course, lest you think we forgot…

Blue bell3

we bought not one or two, but four pints of Blue Bell to have for dessert. Let’s see…there was Dutch Chocolate, Homemade Vanilla, Summer Berries, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Someone who shall remain nameless (I want to make sure I get that wreath) might have eaten their whole pint! It was vacation, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment