Saturday, March 20, 2010

I need a break!

I think that I need to go back to work Monday so that I can have a break from Spring Break! We started the week with painting the outside of the house. No, we didn't paint it ourselves. However, preparing for the painting and cleaning up after the painting is a real job. (And, of course, touching up where the painters missed with their paint sprayer.)

Next, I took down the wallpaper from our entryway and Dan painted the walls and trim. Yesterday I began re-wallpapering and I hope to finish by tomorrow afternoon. I'll post some pictures then. In the meantime, Dan has ordered fencing to be delivered on Monday so that we can replace our wood fence...a project that is long overdue.

It hasn't been all work, though. Judy and I did drive up to Navasota to go to the tea room at Martha's Bloomers.  It was St. Patrick's Day so they were serving a traditional meal of corned beef and cabbage. We opted for sandwiches and a delicious tomato soup so that we could save room for some blackberry cobbler. In addition to a tea room they have gifts and plants native to the area. After lunch, we managed to find a few things to spend our money on. lol

As we were getting ready to drive back to Houston, I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures. Judy circled the parking lot as I dashed around trying to snap a few shots. She was laughing at me because I wanted to take pictures of a red bud tree for Outdoor Wednesday so we had to stop the car again while I jumped out to take the picture. We were turning the car around when we saw another person walking up to the red bud tree with her camera. She must also have a blog! I wonder if she's going to link to Outdoor Wednesday??









We thought we might see some bluebonnets or Indian paintbrushes along the highway, but there were not many blooms yet. Everything is late because of our unusually cold winter.
Thursday we visited the most charming gift store named Out of the Box. It's located on Woodway at Chimney Rock. They have the most precious gifts and shabby chic items for the home. The Easter bunny (aka Grammy) found lots of goodies there! I’m going to have to go back for a cute little white soap dish.

Today we ended our week with a birthday party for this precious little girl. Guess how old she is?? Her outfit was purchased at She She Made. I loooove their baby and children's clothes.


IMG_1435



IMG_1431
Our precious Hannah also enjoyed seeing friends and family.
IMG_1428


After the morning party this was what was waiting at home. How cute are they?


IMG_1479

No comments:

Post a Comment