Sunday, November 1, 2009

Home again, home again…

This is my last day in Dallas, and what a gloriously beautiful fall day it is…proof that the leaves also change here in Texas. Actually, as I was driving home this afternoon I saw areas along I-45 that had gorgeous displays of fall color. This picture was taken outside of North Park Mall. I stopped there on the way out of town. (Incidentally, I saw so many Dallas police officers inside the mall. They were stationed at every corner. Is that a sign of the economic times? For those of you who don’t know, North Park is in a very upscale neighborhood of Dallas.)

IMG_0995

Yoga in the mall atrium… Must be nice!

IMG_0994This is the hotel room that I left. Does it look like $600 a night?

IMG_0985On Friday night I was tired of breathing hotel air, so decided to take a little walk before it got dark. I can’t remember the name of the building, but do know that it is a museum.

IMG_0992

The original Neiman’s… It reminded me of the old downtown Battelstein’s of my childhood. (I am really aging myself.)

IMG_0993

I had to get on the road back to Houston right at noon in order to be home in time to accompany Katie to the fall festival at their church. But on the road home I had to stop at the “mother of all Buckee’s! Buckee’s is a gas station/tourist stop located in Madisonville, TX. We always stop at Buckee’s in Giddings on the way to Austin because of its clean restrooms, but were unaware of this huge new and improved model. People are going to come to Texas just to see the gas stations. Ha! I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves…

IMG_0999 This is just one of the buildings. It is a grocery store, meat market, cafe, and gift store rolled into one.

IMG_0996 This is the side entrance, not the front.

IMG_0997

This is the outdoors/home store. This is going to be a boon to the economy for Madisonville.IMG_0998

No comments:

Post a Comment