Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Hannah!

Saturday, January 15, was Hannah's first birthday. Of course, we had to celebrate in a big way with a party given by mommy and daddy. When I got there she was ready to party! Katie met me at the door screaming "Grammy's here, Grammy's here!" It's nice to be loved! lol Grandpa couldn't make it because he was sick with a bad cold and fever. (Lots of that going around this year.)

Isn't she precious? She has her mommy's (and grammy's) blue eyes.



Katie had a hard time understanding that this was not her party. After all, doesn't she look sweeter than the birthday cake?


Grammy, how cool is this? It will not be long at all until Miss Hannah is going to be walking...look out world! (This picture reminds me so much of a picture of her Aunt Judy at this age. Of course, that was soooo long ago I might be mistaken. Ha!)

 
 This is the view we are most used to seeing. This girl can move! I am lucky to get a picture that isn't blurry.


I think Katie was trying to wheedle a little money to spend at Target out of pepaw.


Time for some cake...the cake was chocolate with buttercream frosting from R.J. Goodies. They make the best birthday cakes.

Wow...synchronized hands in the mouth...Mommy and Daddy look pretty cute, though.


Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me...

Hmm...this is new. I wonder if I might like it.


I'm still undecided. Maybe I need to smear a little more on my face.


Mom, get your own cupcake!


You mean I get presents, too?


  
It's a family affair.
Hannah wasn't opening the presents fast enough, so Katie, good sister that she is, jumped right on in to help.



Hannah, we love you and thank God that you are our granddaughter!

Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers. Proverbs 17:6

No comments:

Post a Comment