Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Springtime in Texas

bluebonnets3
I know that I’m not an impartial observer, but it seems to me that there’s no prettier place than Texas in the spring…especially this spring. It seems that the colors are more vibrant this year. Last year we were still recovering from Hurricane Ike and we had lost a lot of our tree cover. I don’t remember the dogwoods, red buds, etc. being as beautiful. Also central Texas was in the midst of a severe drought which affected wildflower growth.
But this year…
bluebonnets2
bluebonnets4
bluebonnets5
These pictures were taken by a friend of a friend and they speak for themselves about the beauty of a country road in central Texas in the spring.

Springtime in the city hasn't been too shabby, either. I was driving to a school to do some observations this morning and I just wanted to burst into “Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!”
IMG_1556
The sky was crystal-clear. There was a little breeze.
IMG_1557
And guess what I saw in the neighborhood?
IMG_1558
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O  men of little  faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, `What shall we eat?' or `What shall we drink?' or `What shall we wear?' 32 For the Gentiles seek all these things; and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well. 34 "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day. Matthew 26:28-34

3 comments:

  1. I live just north of Austin TX and the weather is just wonderful right now isn't it. I noticed yesterday I have one lone bluebonnet in my back yard! I've never planted any, so this was a lovely little surprise when I saw it. The photos you posted are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - that is just gorgeous! What a lovely road to drive for awhile. Dropping by from Outdoor Wednesday.

    Allison
    AtticMag

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so amazing! You're probably right about Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete