Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend 2010

Friday

I hope that everyone had a blessed Easter! We began our weekend by keeping our two little granddaughters on Friday while their mommy and daddy went house hunting. They are hoping to move to the suburbs north of downtown. We’re excited because they will be closer to us!

Grandpa was putting the finishing touches on our new fence and I was planting some flowers. My grandmother used to say that you never plant your garden until Good Friday. We didn’t plant any vegetables, but managed a few flowers with Katie’s help.

Yippee, I’ve got me some tools! (And isn’t this outfit just the cutest thing for gardening!)

IMG_1502 Okaaaaay…now how does this work?

IMG_1503

I think I’ve got the hang of it.

IMG_1504

Wow, I can rake and dig at the same time…who knew that I was ambidextrous?IMG_1505 I heppin Gampa.

IMG_1506

Hmmm…where to go next?

IMG_1507 These flowers need a little help.

IMG_1508

The satisfaction of a job well done!

IMG_1510

Saturday

We usually attend church on Saturday night. So last night we met Amy and Chris and the girls and Tony and Judy for our Easter worship service. And it was a glorious corporate worship experience! There is nothing like several thousand people singing “He Lives” and “Because He Lives” from their hearts…especially when you’re sharing the experience with those you love. We also had a soloist who sang “I Know that My Redeemer Lives.” It was very moving.

The pastor’s sermon was on the reality of life after death. Because of Jesus’ resurrection, this life on earth is not all there is. We will all experience resurrection, followed by judgment, and then God will give both the “wicked and the righteous” the desires of our heart. Those of us who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and are Christ followers who desire a closer walk with Him will join Him in Heaven. Those of us who have spent our lives either ignoring God’s call or running from Him will also get the desires of their heart – separation from Him for all eternity. It was a simple but powerful message.

Sunday

Today we had Easter lunch at our house. It was the traditional Sunday meal from my childhood of roast beef, mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, salad, and Texas sheet cake for dessert. I think everybody enjoyed the meal (especially Katie, who looooves her Grammy’s roast beef).

IMG_1513 

IMG_1514

IMG_1515

IMG_1516

The Easter bunny came to Grammy’s, too!

 

IMG_1517

I’m “smiling pretty” ‘cause the roast is almost ready!

IMG_1518 “I hungy!”

IMG_1519 Hannah was trying to “smile pretty,” too.

IMG_1520 

IMG_1522

I not only garden, I can cook. Those mashed potatoes are yummy!

IMG_1523

Where are those eggs?

IMG_1524

Daddy, I thought the Easter bunny brought me that chocolate egg!!

IMG_1526

 

IMG_1529

IMG_1530

I hope your Easter was full of love, peace, and contentment!

IMG_1531

No comments:

Post a Comment