Monday, February 8, 2010

This and That

I am happy to report that I cleaned one-half of my house on Saturday. It would have been great if it would have been all of my house, but half is better than none! It is amazing what a beautiful sunny day can inspire and it was a beautiful, crystal-clear day on Saturday. It has been awhile since we have seen the sun here in Texas. Last summer we were fervently praying for rain. Our prayers have been answered.

Our Saturday sunshine didn’t last until Sunday. In spite of the gloomy, windy, and chilly weather, I decided to check out the Houston Urban Antiques Market. Three or four times a year different dealers have an outdoor antiques market at the  Knights of Columbus Hall north of downtown. It is open only from 9:00-4:00. There are also several specialty food vendors and a man who sells beautiful orchid plants. (Not to mention the members of the Knights of Columbus who make barbecue sandwiches.)
These are some of the pictures from their site.

urban market1
urban market2
urban market 3
urban market5
It was very soggy and cold, but that didn’t stop the treasure hunters. I did find a few treasures myself.
IMG_1289 Some framed botanical prints for the kitchen.
IMG_1281 
A large and small cloche, along with a bird’s nest.
IMG_1283
IMG_1287
Some vintage plates I intend to hang on the wall.
I was so cold that I only took two pictures of the market itself.
IMG_1276
IMG_1277
Since I learned that burlap and grain sacks are certainly “in,” I came home and copied made a burlap wreath similar to the one I saw on Confessions of a Plate Addict. It still needs some tweaking.

Naturally, I was too tired to cook after all this excitement and it was getting close to time for the Super Bowl, so El Palenque’s was just the ticket.

I hope you had a Super Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment